Vista Del Mar Child and Family Services’ Reiss-Davis Child Study Center and Institute’s
14th Annual Edna Reiss-Sophie Greenberg Chair and Conference
Honors its 2018 Recipient
Dr. Peter Fonagy
SPECIAL PRESENTATION held in THE SKIRBALL CULTURAL CENTER
- JANUARY 19, 2018 9:00am–4:30pm | 6 CE Credits Note: This is a Friday PresentationTHE REISS-DAVIS CHILD STUDY CENTER & INSTITUTE’S 14th ANNUAL EDNA REISS-SOPHIE GREENBERG CHAIR AND CONFERENCE
Dr. Peter Fonagy is an internationally known psychoanalyst, professor, and researcher who has been a pioneer in the field of child, adolescent and young adult mental health, making major contributions to our understanding of attachment in young people and their parents, mentalization, theory and technique, working therapeutically with adolescent Borderline Personality Disorder. He has written over 400 original peer-reviewed papers and articles, and has authored/co-authored 19 books including groundbreaking books such as: Attachment Theory and Psychoanalysis and Affect Regulation, Mentalization, and the Development of the Self.
Imagination and Psychotherapy: My Evolving Thoughts on the Application of Mentalization When Working with Children, Adolescents, and Parents.
- Explain one of the original contributing factors to Dr. Fonagy’s mentalization theory.
- Describe one clinical group of young people that Dr. Fonagy first felt could benefit from mentalization based work.
- List at least two more recent applications of mentalization theory that you could apply to your child/adolescent clinical practice.
- Discuss the importance of imagination in working therapeutically with young people.
Don’t miss the opportunity to personally experience this master clinician, researcher, and teacher to better understand why he is being honored as our 14th Edna Reiss-Sophie Greenberg Chair.
To register online, please visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/14th-annual-edna-reiss-sophie-greenberg-chair-and-conference-tickets-40038188299